Wednesday, May 5, 2010

where the heck is venus?


'Venus is in 7th column. Sun is in 4th column and Jupiter is in the 9th column. See, 1st column, 2nd column and these columns are all left blank. No...We cant take this horoscope, no matter how good the girl is!' they exclaimed.

I'm sure by the time I get married, I will get to learn astrology. Now I can understand how our great-elders talk astrology when it comes to a marriage. I'm surprised when I find myself looking at the horoscopes and checking for 'paapam' (technical words - cant help it :D).

I don't understand how these planets, so very millions of kilometers away from earth, affect a living being living on earth. Worst case - how it affects only those who live in India? :O

'Why are you in such a hurry to get married, Son? You will regret once you get married.' my father said winking at me and giving a I-dint-say-anything look at mom.

As a matter of fact, I'm not in a hurry to get married. I'm just 26. But I get fed up when they look at these horoscopes and reject saying Venus is in the 7th / 8th column (Chovva Dosham - technical term :D). Chovva Dosham is known to be the worst of all Doshams - God-knows-what! I keep looking for Venus when I find a horoscope. Isn't that funny? :D

I tell you, if you people go for horoscope-match, only 1 in 200 will suit yours. :P Better you find one for yourself and elope! khe khe khe...

Photo Credit: Fabian Lehner / Image

4 comments:

Harini said...

=))! I know!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm...It happens and yeah I have heard of this Dosham ..they say its the worst of all , but I dnt seem to understand why it falls on ur rashi , coz you are one of the best person :D

have pateince Bhaiyya ;):Pyou will get married soon :P:D

Ordinary Gal said...

he he Anoop...smart choice..."Better you find one for yourself and elope"

lol :D :P

Anoop said...

Arthi...
its not on my horoscope... but i was jus mentioning abt tat venus thing...

Wormhole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin